Saturday, August 30, 2014

Playing with Watercoloring!

I finally sat down to try and experiment and do something for me for a change....no orders, no dt commitments ... just simply me having fun.

So since I have been watching the Watercolor class day after day and playing a little at a time, I decided to jump in and do an actual project..
Enter the no-line watercolor...Sounds hard but not that difficult. Once you get to know your paint brush well, the results are spectacular!

Also, I opted for another watercolor medium. I didn't like the actual watercolor because they will always dry lighter than when you put them on. And I don't like the pastel, faded out look!!

 Khush I blame you for the Govinda keeda you've put in me!! I like bold and bright things now!! Lift off this curse so I can do something pastelly!!

The 1st attempt is on 200 gsm paper...2nd on 300 gsm
 
So the Color medium I used is the Camel Transparent Photo colors. I used, literally one drop of color and I still had color left after coloring !!! It still will need practice, but its amazing being able to play with something and feel good about it!! Especially if you aren't good at it!


 You can try this with watercolor pencils too...but getting this brightness is impossible with traditional watercolor mediums. My favorite in Watercolor pencils is the Staedler Luna 48 set

Also for the paintbrush, I used the large barrel Koi Sakura Medium tip Waterbrush. (this is a set of two brushes..so you could share it with a friend)  I don't really like the small barrel brush...I don't like its grip...but you can use that too, if you like it! Here's the link for the small barrel medium tip brush

The paper...Its heavy...but oh the way it holds water!! I simply love it! Brustro 5x7 sheets of 300 gsm paper..

I did try with the same watercolor paper but 200 gsm...doesn't hold too much water...it warped a bit..will be trying again with 200 gsm with a bit of less flooding of water on it! Also they have some Artist watercolor paper...I'm going to buy and try..and review those too!

Oh and if you want to try it, here's the Video for it!! Thanks for sticking around till the end...see you soon!!

Much love
Tejal

4 comments:

  1. i too had the same feeling teju, a lovely card with colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter and I were having a lot of fun with watercolors too...you can see it on the butterflies on my fairyland post....I used her rangeela watercolors!! Tejal if you just want to have fun with watercolors get ivory sheets from your stationary guy...they are cheap and will take even a big puddle of water without wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a beautiful card Tejal... eyeing the watercolours. Have to try it soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, Tejal :) So cheerful and pretty pretty pretty :)

    Glad you are trying something new... and thanks for all that enabling :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...